1) PUBLIC WORKS MAINTENANCE MAN/MECHANIC
- Prioritize and manage all work assignments to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Develop short, medium and long-term plans for the maintenance of municipal equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of equipment typical to a municipal public works operation
- Knowledge of techniques required in the construction and maintenance of roads, streets, drainage, and ditches.
- Maintain detailed records on maintenance activities, equipment, and inventories
- Preparation of various forms and applications as required
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Manitoba Workplace Safety & Health Act
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Basic ability with Email, MS Word and MS Excel
- Possession of a valid Class 5 Manitoba Drivers License.
- Class 1 Certification in Water Treatment and Distribution would be an asset
- Suitable combination of education and experience will be considered
- Hold or willing to obtain equipment safety qualifications
2) CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
Snow Lake combines a northern small town atmosphere with the sophistication and amenities because of the major economic employer Hudbay Minerals. Located approximately two hours from the urban locations of Flin Flon, The Pas, and Thompson; Snow Lake boasts a downtown with potential, year round sports and recreation activities, parks, trails, and a center point beach, all of which are part of the extraordinary comforts that Snow Lake residents enjoy every day. With a population of approximately 900 Snow Lake has an exciting and aspiring future.
The Town of Snow Lake is seeking a dynamic and inspirational strategist to lead the Corporation. You are an excellent communicator, a team builder and passionate about delivering results. Reporting to the Mayor and Council, you will be responsible for the management of less than twenty employees in a unionized environment. You will ensure that Council is well informed in decision making and that Council decisions are fully implemented. As the Chief Administrative Officer, you will create, promote and foster a team environment which encourages employees to work collaboratively and cooperatively to achieve common objectives and develop a healthy, rewarding and productive working environment.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
· Administer the municipality as per The Municipal Act
· Drafting and implementing the Financial Plan for the Town of Snow Lake ($2.6M operating, $1M utility, $1M capital)
· Leading negotiations on behalf of the Town of Snow Lake with Hudbay Minerals for annual grants in lieu of taxation, and for the Town of Snow Lake with IBEW Local Union 2034 for Collective Bargaining Agreements
The ideal candidate will possess:
· A post secondary degree in a related discipline and/or a certificate in local government administration;
· 5 years experience in municipal government
Remuneration and Benefits: Annual Salary and vacation leave based on qualifications, company vehicle and cell phone, subsidized municipal house with a maintenance budget
Application Deadline: Friday, March 10, 2017
Application Instructions: To be considered for this career opportunity, please fax, mail, e-mail or deliver your confidential cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to:
The Town of Snow Lake
Box 40, Snow Lake, MB R0B 1M0
Fax: 204-358-2112 Email: email@example.com
The Town of Snow Lake is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please advise of any accommodations needed to ensure your access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Acknowledgement will only be forwarded to those applicants who are invited for an interview.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act.