TOWN OF SNOW LAKE EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS INFORMATION
THIS INFORMATION IS FOR YOUR GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY.
Persistent dry conditions across the prairies have caused high forest fire conditions. The information below will assist residents in the event that it is deemed necessary to declare an emergency and authorize an evacuation. Information will be issued through several sources:
- The Town of Snow Lake website: www.snowlake.com
- Town of Snow Lake Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/townofsnowlake/
- Community Bulletin Boards
- NCI radio, CBC North Country, Emergency public address system
It is VERY IMPORTANT to register in the event of an emergency. A registration and inquiry booth would be located in the JH Kerr School gymnasium (evening entrance - building east side entrance). The purpose of registration is to:
- Determine who has left the Town and where they are staying.
- Be able to provide information on the evacuees to family and friends.
- Access Disaster Financial Assistance. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST REGISTER IN ORDER TO ACCESS FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
- Access the most complete, accurate and up-to-date emergency information.
In order for residents to be prepared for an emergency, we suggest following the recommendations of Emergency Preparedness Canada and the Canadian Red Cross:
- Have sufficient supplies for 72 hours in the event that businesses are closed.
- Keep your gas tank full.
- Be prepared to take the following items with you; medications, clothing, personal hygiene items, baby care items, important documents including photo ID, credit cards and money.
- Review your family’s contact information and emergency plan, including pet care.
- Be ready to evacuate all family members.
- In the event that the emergency is a major forest fire, minimize smoke inhalation in the home by closing all windows and doors.
For Additional Information: Town Office 358-2551